You have a right to claim compensation from an organisation if you have suffered damage as a result of your data having been breached. This can include material damage such as if you have suffered financially and non-material damage such as if you have suffered distress and worry as a result of the data breach.
We at Ben Hoare Bell LLP have an experienced Data Protection Law team ready to assist you in claiming compensation if your data has been breached.
We can offer appointments at our Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland and Middlesbrough offices.
Recent Related Blogs:
- Compensation due for victims of former Sunderland GP jailed for voyeurism
- Easyjet cyber attack affects 9 million customers data
- Virgin Media data breach
- Cleveland Police – Dumped child sex files
- Bank data breach
- Legal Ombudsman data breach
- HMCTS data breach figures revealed
- Estate agency fined for data breach
- Charity data breach blunder
- British Airways data breach