We are currently looking for a part time Administrative Assistant to join our team at our Middlesbrough office. This is an exciting opportunity to join our developing office in Teesside.
As this role is part time please state your preferred hours of work in your application.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Rachel Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 19 John Street, Sunderland, SR1 1JG. The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 24 January 2020.
Presently based at: Middlesbrough
Supervised by: Partner
Ben Hoare Bell LLP is a well-established Legal Practice operating from four sites in Sunderland, Gateshead, Newcastle and Middlesbrough.
The Practice has a strong ethical base and wishes to remain committed to operating within the publicly funded area of legal work, offering a high quality service to people regardless of means. The Practice has grown considerably in recent years and despite the changes in legal aid, is planning to expand further.
On occasion the post holder may be required to provide support at other offices or locations from which the Firm operates.
At present the successful candidate is expected to assist predominantly in the family law team. However as this is a developing office it is envisaged that the successful candidate will become involved in other areas of law over time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To answer the phone and deal with a range of individuals and agencies in a friendly and efficient manner.
- To give and obtain relevant information subject to the duty of confidentiality to the client.
- To deal with clients in a friendly, sensitive and efficient manner.
- To undertake a range of administrative tasks relating to case files including compliance with the firm’s file management and file organisation procedures.
- To record messages and to ensure that the relevant fee earner receives information in a relevant and timely manner.
- To deal with the post and the office diary in an efficient manner.
- To produce a wide range of documents with speed and accuracy.
This Job Description is not intended to be a complete and detailed statement of the responsibilities of the post.
The Post will be reviewed on an annual basis. The Post Holder will be invited to contribute to this review.
- Excellent communication, written and oral.
- Computer literate, experience with Microsoft.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Good interpersonal skills including good telephone manner
- Evidence of Numeracy and Literacy
- Qualification related to typing or secretarial or legal work (desirable)
- Experience of work in an office environment or of work in contact with the public (desirable)
- Understanding of the ethical principles of Firm.
- Ability to adapt to an office environment e.g. carrying files, answering the phone.
- Willingness to participate in the day to day running of an office.