Sophie Cohen - Solicitor
I completed the LLB (Hons) Exempting degree at Northumbria University in 2012, obtaining both a degree in Law and LPC.
I joined Ben Hoare Bell in January 2013 and have worked in a number of different departments. I completed my training contract at Ben Hoare Bell and during a seat in the Crime department I became a fully accredited Police Station Representative.
I qualified as a solicitor and joined the crime team in March 2017. I became an Accredited Duty Solicitor in October 2017. I now regularly represent individuals as the Duty Solicitor either at Court or at the Police Station.
I am involved in all aspects of Criminal Defence work from the Police Station to the Magistrates and Crown Court. In the Magistrates Court I conduct all aspects of cases from bail hearings through to trials. I also conduct Crown Court appeals. I deal with all types of offences from minor Road Traffic matters to more serious Indictable Only offences.
I am also a member of the Local Criminal Justice Board and represent the views and interests of the Defence in the North East at regular meetings.
Recent Related Blogs:
- Manchester Arena bomb trial – what are ‘agreed facts’?
- Prison for woman who tried to open plane door mid flight
- BBC’s ‘The Trial of Christine Keeler’ – what is perjury?
- Police Officer jailed for false allegation against council street worker
- Zara Tindall driving ban – no special treatment for Princess Anne’s daughter
- Former Tory lawyer sentenced for upskirting
- Former Liverpool footballer has sentence reduced
- Former Liverpool football player to serve prison sentence
- Courts announce ‘crack down scheme’ on guilty pleas
- Was Brexiteer sentence over-egged?
Memberships and Accreditations
Accredited Duty Solicitor (Police Station and Magistrates Court)