Expert Housing Solicitors in North East England
Our team of housing law specialists can help local tenants and landlords with a wide variety of legal issues including the following:
- Eviction proceedings, claims and warrants
- Tenancy disputes concerning the terms and conditions of rental agreements
- Obtaining injunctions to prevent harassment in the home
- Advice and appeals for those affected by homelessness
- Claims relating to landlords’ duties to repair rental properties
- Mortgage repossessions and other residential possession proceedings
- Local authority housing exclusions
- Housing Benefit disputes and appeals
- Rehousing and local housing allocations
- Representing clients served with anti-social behaviour injunctions
The rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords in the United Kingdom are governed by a complex framework, with which our housing lawyers in North East England are familiar. Whatever issues you may be facing, please feel free to call and ask our team for advice and assistance at any time.
We act for both Tenants and Landlords across the North East of England at all levels providing practical advice and assistance. Legal Aid is still available for many housing matters.
We offer appointments at our Newcastle, Gateshead and Sunderland offices.
Recent Related Blogs:
- The risk of being evicted during coronavirus pandemic
- The Homes (Fitness For Human Habitation) Act 2018
- Struggling to pay rent
- Housing Benefit has been reduced because of a spare room
- Possession proceedings as a result of anti-social behaviour
- Legal Aid available for Housing Law cases
- Cannot afford rent with just housing benefit. Is there help?
Service for Landlords
It can be hard work being a landlord. The law, rights and responsibilities are complicated and frequently changing. Our team of specialist Housing solicitors are here for you. We can advise you on the legal requirements when a tenancy first begins, including the law about tenancy deposits, through to the requirements when you want to end a tenancy. If you need expert advice on how to obtain possession of your property then we can help. Whether it’s rent arrears, problem tenants or any other reason we can advise you on your rights of possession and how to get it. The procedure is often complicated and mistakes can be costly in both time and money.
We can advise you on how to take the quickest course of action and can represent you in court proceedings when necessary. If you are facing a claim against you by a tenant then we can also assist. Timely advice at the very beginning of a legal claim can reap huge savings later down the line. So if your tenant says you’ve unlawfully evicted them or if they say there’s disrepair, we’re here to give expert guidance and represent your interests. We also offer competitive fixed fees where possible – ask about our fixed fee packages for service of notices, possession claims and applications for warrants.
Services for Tenants
If you are looking for a housing lawyer in North East England to provide you with accurate advice and guidance regarding your legal rights as a tenant, and to assist you in the event that you need to go to court to protect your rights, our team will be delighted to be of service. In addition to providing local tenants with first-class legal representation at affordable rates we also have a Legal Aid contract which means we can help tenants who are unable to pay their own legal costs.
Among the legal issues covered by legal aid that our housing solicitors can help with include:.
- Possession Proceedings
- Notice Seeking Possession
- Unlawful Eviction
- Anti-Social Behaviour Injunctions
- Injunctions connected to harassment in the home
- Disrepair cases where there is a serious risk to health
We also offer competitive fixed fees, and in some matters conditional fee arrangements for those clients who do not qualify for Legal Aid or for those with housing problems which are no longer covered by Legal Aid.
Why Choose our Housing Lawyers in North East England?
At Ben Hoare Bell LLP we have a team of legal experts who have experience of achieving good outcomes for our clients. We prioritise honest which is why we explain the potential costs involved with your case as well as the realistic outcomes from the beginning.
We understand that fighting a case can be a stressful experience, which is why we have your back from start to finish.