Non-recent abuse is also sometimes referred to as ‘historic abuse’.
Following recent well documented cases non-recent abuse is becoming more prevalent through the media. Often this is when an adult suffered abuse when they were a child. The abuse could be physical, sexual or both and often occurs in ‘safe’ places such as in a family or friend’s house, youth offending institutes, children’s homes, hospitals etc.
For many years the subject of child abuse was taboo and only in recent years have people felt they were able to speak out about the abuse they suffered.
We have a dedicated team of experienced Solicitors advising on non-recent child abuse. Even though there are strict time limits you may be entitled to bring a claim. Your claim may lead to an award of compensation from the individual or organisations such as the Ministry of Justice or the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
We currently act on behalf of people who were detained in Medomsley Detention Centre between the 1960s and 1980s. There is an ongoing criminal investigation by Durham Constabulary and we act for more than 300 people. We can also help if you have been abused in another detention centre or children’s home.
If you suffered abuse as a child please get in touch with us as soon as you can.
Please contact our Non-Recent Abuse Team on 0191 565 3112 to discuss your case in more detail on a no obligation basis.
We offer appointments at our Newcastle, Gateshead and Sunderland offices.
Recent Related Blogs:
- No Further Action for 11 Medomsley Officers
- Medomsley Detention Centre Update
- Medomsley Trial to begin in September
- Medomsley Officers appear in court
- Medomsley Detention Centre Update: Former Officers in Court
- Former coach charged with non-recent sex offences
- Former Choir Master sentenced for child sex abuse
- Heir to Greggs jailed for sex offences
- Independent inquiry into child sexual abuse
- Old allegations of sexual abuse