Expert Housing Solicitors in the North East
Our team of housing law specialists can help local tenants and landlords with a wide variety of legal issues including the following:
- Eviction proceedings, claims and warrants
- Tenancy disputes concerning the terms and conditions of rental agreements
- Obtaining injunctions to prevent harassment in the home
- Advice and appeals for those affected by homelessness
- Claims relating to landlords’ duties to repair rental properties
- Mortgage repossessions and other residential possession proceedings
- Local authority housing exclusions
- Housing Benefit disputes and appeals
- Rehousing and local housing allocations
- Representing clients served with anti-social behaviour injunctions
The rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords in the United Kingdom are governed by a complex framework. Our Housing Solicitors are familiar with the framework and have experience in dealing with cases of all types and complexity.
We act for both Tenants and Landlords across the North East at all levels providing practical advice and assistance. Legal Aid is still available for many housing matters.
Please contact our Housing team on 0191 275 2626 to discuss your case in more detail on a no obligation basis.
We offer appointments at our Newcastle, Gateshead and Sunderland offices.
Recent Related Blogs:
Service for Landlords
It can be hard work being a landlord. The law, rights and responsibilities are complicated and frequently changing. Our team of specialist Housing solicitors are here for you. We can advise you on the legal requirements when a tenancy first begins, including the law about tenancy deposits, through to the requirements when you want to end a tenancy. If you need expert advice on how to obtain possession of your property then we can help. Whether it’s rent arrears, problem tenants or any other reason we can advise you on your rights of possession and how to get it. The procedure is often complicated and mistakes can be costly in both time and money.
We can advise you on how to take the quickest course of action and can represent you in court proceedings when necessary. If you are facing a claim against you by a tenant then we can also assist. Timely advice at the very beginning of a legal claim can reap huge savings later down the line. So if your tenant says you’ve unlawfully evicted them or if they say there’s disrepair, we’re here to give expert guidance and represent your interests. We also offer competitive fixed fees where possible – ask about our fixed fee packages for service of notices, possession claims and applications for warrants.
Services for Tenants
Our team of Housing solicitors can advise you on your legal rights and represent you in court proceedings. We are committed to providing a high quality, efficient and caring service to our clients. We have a Legal Aid Agency contract to deliver specialist Housing advice and despite recent cuts Legal Aid is still available for tenants in relation to the following:
- Possession Proceedings
- Notice Seeking Possession
- Unlawful Eviction
- Anti-Social Behaviour Injunctions
- Injunctions connected to harassment in the home
- Disrepair cases where there is a serious risk to health
We also offer competitive fixed fees, and in some matters conditional fee arrangements for those clients who do not qualify for Legal Aid or for those with housing problems which are no longer covered by Legal Aid.