Our childcare solicitors are members of the Law Society Children Panel, which denotes expertise in this area. We can help with all sorts of legal issues concerning childcare including:
- Residence, contact and parental responsibility disputes
- Child Protection and social services issues including attendance at Child Protection Conferences
- Care Proceedings
We are able to advise and assist in situations where social services have become involved either because families have sought their assistance or because of social services concerns.
We advise and assist parents at the start of child protection procedures, including attendance at Child Protection Conferences and related advice. We can also represent clients if Care Proceedings are commenced by the Local Authority.
We can offer appointments at our Newcastle, Gateshead and Sunderland offices.
LOCAL AUTHORITY ISSUES
One of the most distressing things that can happen is that social services become involved with your child or a child for which you have responsibility. We appreciate that dealing with the local authority and social services is a daunting prospect and is often very difficult to do without legal advice. We can be there throughout the whole process, advise you on the procedure and represent you at court hearings and meetings with the local authority. We are there to be your support and act in the best interests of the child.
Unfortunately if the local authority does not think you are giving the child the right care they may apply to the court for a care order. If a care order is granted the local authority has control over your parental responsibility for the child and can limit what you can and cannot do. In many cases this is not what is best for the child and we can act for you if you wish to oppose the application.
The court could also make a supervision order or a child arrangements order, detailing who the child should live with and have contact with. If you are concerned that any of these orders are being made please contact us as soon as you can.
We are also experienced in working with guardians and other members of the child’s family such as grandparents and aunts and uncles.
We are always pleased to hear when a child has found a new and loving home. If you want to adopt a child we can help you to ensure there is a smooth process. We can also advise you on any difficulties that may arise, including representation at court hearings.
We can also advise you if you are trying to prevent someone else from adopting a child, including representation at court if necessary.
Whatever your circumstances, we are committed to working in the best interests of the child and will try to ease any worries you have an ensure you are fully aware of the necessary procedures.
Please contact our specialist childcare solicitors today to discuss your case in more detail.
Recent Related Blogs
- Legal Eagle: I am struggling to pay child maintenance so my ex won’t let me see them. What can I do?
- Legal Eagle: Can my son’s Guardian change his surname?
- Legal Eagle: What is a ‘Special Guardian’?
- Legal Eagle: My children were taken away and I haven’t seen them for a year. What can I do?
- Legal Eagle: We want a divorce but also need to sort finances and childcare. What do I need to do?
- Legal Eagle: Do same sex parents have any legal rights for their child?
- Legal Eagle: I am worried my ex won’t let me see my son. What can I do?
- Legal Eagle: How can I stop my child being taken abroad?
- Legal Eagle: How can I arrange contact between my ex-partner and our child?
- What are the legal issues surrounding surrogacy?